Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Never Stop Dreaming

I love MHK Designs and today on the MHK Designs Blog Mynn posted this FREEBIE panel to use (there are rules).  It is so beautiful I couldn't wait to make a card with it and enter it in the MHK Designs Challenge!!!


Without altering the color of the feathers, I wanted to make them stand out so I used Twinkling H2O watercolors (in the same colors as the feathers) and painted over each feather to give them a shimmer.  Then I lightly chalked the white background with blue to give the appearance of sky.



I used a Close To My Heart Shimmer Brush to add subtle sparkle to the sentiment banner, then I add a few sequins and tied Close To My Heart gold & white twine around it for added interest.



NEVER STOP DREAMING

Now for some challenges....
MHK Designs - February Challenge
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - #235 Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and....
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card; love the Fanciful Feathers digital stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is totally stunning, Janie! I LOVE the added simmer and texture you added with the paint and with your embellies! Gorgeous creation, friend! Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Janie. Having the image off kilter is a great idea. And you know how I LOVE shimmer and shine on a card. Thank you so much for playing along with MHKD and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty creation! Love the twine & sequins! Thanks for joining us at MHKDesigns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colors. Thanks for playing along at MHKDesigns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! Love those feathers - you did a great job with them! :)Thanks for joining us at MHKDesigns!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete