Saturday, September 9, 2017

DOUBLE Easel Cards - Super EASY!!!

I love easel cards...but...I love Love LOVE DOUBLE easel cards!!!  They are so easy for beginners that don't have many tools...AND...there are so many possibilities for advanced cardmakers, like using dies and tons of embellishments! 

CLICK HERE to watch my tutorial on making these cards!

Here are a couple examples.


For beginners, this one can be made without a score board or dies.  Yes, I did use stitched dies to cut the oval and the tiny heart....but you can use other things like a button or embellishment of some sort in place of the heart (or any shape).  And in place of the oval with a stamped and colored image you can use a pre-colored image and cut any shape you want.  I used my Anne Of Green Gables stamp and colored it with colored pencils.  I also added some flowers....I thought they were really the perfect touch.


This one might be for the more advanced cardmaker.  I used heart shaped dies and one of my favorite Gorjuss Girl stamps.  I colored the image with colored pencils.  I used my favorite colors...PINK & GREEN.  In my video I show how to do partial die cutting to make shaped cards.

To learn more about the different ways to make Double Easel cards WATCH MY TUTORIAL HERE 

Now some great challenges....
Crafting From The Heart - #173 Anything Goes
Simon Says - Stamp It
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Goes
In The Pink - #124 Anything Goes (Happy Birthday!)
Crafty Gals Corner - #139 Favorite Colors (Pink & Green)
Craft Rocket Challenges - #41 Something Beginning With F
Tic Tac Toe Challenge - #14 I used the center row
My Creative Scoop - Color Inspiration Link Up 26

Thanks for stopping by and...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!


9 comments:

  1. Great cards Janie! Great use of your dies! I visited your Youtube tutorial and excellent instructions! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with all of us. Glad you joined us over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards! Maybe the first one is my favorite...but both are adorable! i never tried to make a card like that, i definitely should!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- it was very special because we are celebrating STAMPtember so we thank you twice! We hope to see you again next week!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Both cards are awesome and just as sweet as can be! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ATG w/ Dies September Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable, I do love Easelcard but have never tried the double ones!
    TFS

    Thank you for joining us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic cards - and double easel?! That's really cool! I can't wait to try one myself. Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week -- hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous easel card... I love the design. Thanks for joining us at In The Pink this time - hope we see you again soon.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards...
    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Rocket challenges

    Anila DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers September Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely cards. Thanks for sharing on the Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog last month. Hope to see you again this month.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT
    PS sorry I am so late with my comments!

    ReplyDelete